Highland Game Quiz Rules:
- All questions come from "Dragonfly in Amber" by Diana Gabaldon.
- Each quiz is open book.
- Each participant competes individually, but benefits the entire clan.
- Every correct answer earns one point. The participant with the most points wins. One winner will be selected each week. All points participants earn are added to their clan total and used to determine the ultimate winner of the Highland Games.
- In the case of a tie, the winner will be drawn at random. One name per contest will be chosen out of a hand-knit, felted cloche by one of Kellan Mackenzie's 3-year-old twins to break the tie.
- Kellan Mackenzie (knitmo) will work to solve all conflicts regarding the Highland Games with the chieftess or other designated member of the clan that created the game.
- Weekly winners will earn an additional five points for their clan. Those who tie with the most correct answers will earn an additional two points for their clan. They will receive a prize from the clan that developed the challenge.
- Highland Game Quizzes, answers and winners will be posted at http://outlandishswap.blogspot.com/
- Answers must be e-mailed to email@example.com Note: This is a different e-mail address than last time.
- Include Highland Games Round X (X being whichever round it is) in the subject line of your e-mail. Please include your Clan name, your names (both Ravelry and Swap name) and answers in the message. It will make it easier to match e-mails and answers up and tally points.
- Each contest begins at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time on the appropriate date and ends at 11:59 p.m. 10 days later. For example: Round 1 begins at 12:01 a.m. Sunday Feb. 15 and ends at 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday Feb. 25. Round 2 begins at 12:01 a.m. Thursday Feb. 26.
- One prize will be awarded to the clan that receives the most points at the end of the swap/highland games.
- Games are not mandatory, but do enhance the experience and allow people to get to know each other. Participate at a level you feel comfortable.
- The Highland Games will extend past the deadline for the swap of April 15; this is to keep people interested in the swap while the last few packages arrive.
Specific Dragonfly in Amber Rules
Challenge Start Date End Date Results to Kellan Posted to blog
Part 1-Chieftesses Feb. 15 Feb. 25 Feb. 28 March 1
Part 2- Chieftesses Feb. 26 March 6 March 10 March 11
Part 3- Beauchamp March 6 March 18 March 21 March 22
Part 4-Fraser March 18 March 28 March 31 April 1
Part 5-Mackenzie March 28 April 7 April 10 April 11
Part 6-Murray April 7 April 17 April 20 April 21
Part 7-Chieftesses April 17 April 28 May 1 May 2
Edited to add the five point rule for clans writing the challenge at 9:28 a.m. Monday, Feb. 16