- All questions come from “Outlander” by Diana Gabaldon.
- Each quiz is open book – if you want to sort through 850 pages to find answers.
- Each participant competes individually, but benefits the entire clan.
- Every correct answer earns one point. The participant with the most points wins. One winner will be selected each week. All points participants earn are added to their clan total and used to determine the ultimate winner of the Highland Games.
- In the case of a tie, the winner will be drawn at random. One name per contest will be chosen out of a hand-knit, felted cloche by one of Kellan Mackenzie’s 2-year-old twins to break the tie. Kellan Mackenzie (knitmo) will make the final decision regarding Highland Game Quiz results.
- Weekly winners will earn an additional five points for their clan. Those who tie with the most correct answers will earn an additional two points for their clan.
- Clan Chieftans are not eligible to participate in Highland Games. Chieftans are organizing the festivities for you – the swappers.
- Highland Game Quizzes, answers and winners will be posted at http://outlandishswap.blogspot.com/
- Answers must be e-mailed to email@example.com.
Games Round X (X being whichever round it is) in the subject line of your e-mail. Please include your Clan name, your names (both Ravelry and Swap name) and answers in the message. It will make it easier to match e-mails and answers up and tally points. Highland
- Contest runs from 12:01 a.m. Wednesday to 11:59 p.m. the following Tuesday. All times are Eastern Time. For example: Round 1 will be posted Wednesday Sept. 10, ends Tuesday, Sept. 16 and results should be posted Friday Sept. 19.
- Contest answers will be checked and tabulated and posted by the following Friday with answers.
- One prize will be awarded to the winning clan at the end of the swap/highland games.
Round 1 Questions:
Remember to Put Highland Games Round 1 in the subject of your e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and include you swap name, clan and answers in the body of the e-mail.
- When Claire Randall stepped through the stones she went back about 200 years. What year did she walk through the stones and what year was it when she stepped outside the stones?
- What medical procedure did Claire first perform after walking through the stones and who was her patient?
- How did Claire describe the difference between her lovers, (Frank Randall and Jamie Fraser) using athletic terms?
- Why were Frank and Claire Randall in
- What does Sassenach mean?
- What is the formal name of Lallybroch?
- Name three things Jamie typically keeps in his Sporran?
- What does Claire tell Jenny when they part after spending three days searching for Jamie after he was taken by the Watch?
- Where does Claire disappear from?
- Describe Claire’s wedding ring from Jaime.