Outlandish Swap V: The Fiery Cross
Scottish clans were originally a Highland way of life. The Highland clan was, above all things, a family; a family in which everybody believed they were all, from chief to blacksmith, descended from one founder or progenitor. They regarded themselves as very close kinsmen. This Swap is dedicated to such clan families and will be organized into four clans.
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Highland Game Quiz Round 2
Remember to Put Highland Games Round 2 in the subject of your e-mail to email@example.com and include you swap name, clan and answers in the body of the e-mail.
1. When Jamie comes on Donas to rescue Claire from the witch trial what does he do to prove that she is not a witch before whisking her away?
2. What does Jamie Fraser promise to do for Jonathan Randall in Wentworth Prison if he spares Claire’s life?
3. What does Frank suggest Claire take up to keep her busy now that the war is over and she doesn’t need to work as a nurse?
4. The inn keeper where Claire and Frank stay when in Scotland frequently feeds them what?
5. How old is Jamie Fraser when he married Claire?
6. Who bought the “ill wish” from Geilie and put it under Claire’s pillow at Castle Leoch?
7. What story does she [Claire] tell Colum when she arrives at Castle Leoch?
8. What happened to Claire’s parents?
9. How did Ellen Mackenzie outwit her brothers Colum and Dougal when she and Brian Fraser got married.
10. Claire’s Uncle Lamberton raised her after her parents died. What did he do for a living and how might it have prepared her for living in the 18th Century.
Edited 11:45 p.m. Wednesday Sept. 16 to clarify the "she" in Question 7.
Good Luck Clans! Contest ends Tuesday, Sept. 23 and Results will be posted Friday, Sept. 26