Outlandish Swap V: The Fiery Cross
Scottish clans were originally a Highland way of life. The Highland clan was, above all things, a family; a family in which everybody believed they were all, from chief to blacksmith, descended from one founder or progenitor. They regarded themselves as very close kinsmen. This Swap is dedicated to such clan families and will be organized into four clans.
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Murray Challenge Answers
The written answers are as follows:
1. Find a photo of the location of the last battle of the 1745 Rising. Culloden field or Drummossie Moor
2. Find an image of the English commanding general announcing defeat at the Battle of Gladsmuir. Gen. Johnny Cope
3. Find a portrait of the man who shows Claire the broadsheet calling her “The Stuart Witch” Arthur Elphinstone, 6th Lord Balmerino
4. Find a photo of where Dougal MacKenzie died. Culloden House
5. If the 1745 Rising succeeded, find a portrait of the man who would have been King Charles' father would have been king: James Stuart
6. Find a portrait of the author of the book from which Claire recalls information about the Battle of Prestonpans. Charles Dickens
7. Find a photo of the place where Jamie expects to find Claire after she is turned over to the English. Callendar House
8. Find a photo of the bell tower in the town that Prince Charles Edward Stuart was blooded in his first battle. Geata , Italy
9. Find an illustration of Jamie’s grandfather at the time of his death Simon Fraser of Lovat
10. Find a portrait of the Bourbon King who lived at the Palace where Colum MacKenzie dies. Charles X, Brother of Louis (not our bonnie prince)
Kellan here, I'll have all the newest numbers tallied tomorrow evening, and the kidlets can draw the last name out of the felted cloche for the winner. We'll know where everyone stands heading into the final days of the last challenge.