Outlandish Swap V: The Fiery Cross
Scottish clans were originally a Highland way of life. The Highland clan was, above all things, a family; a family in which everybody believed they were all, from chief to blacksmith, descended from one founder or progenitor. They regarded themselves as very close kinsmen. This Swap is dedicated to such clan families and will be organized into four clans.
Friday, July 23, 2010
Fraser Challenge #2
Answers due by midnight on July 28. Send them to highlandergames at ymail dot com. Happy Puzzling!
The Murray's game of Marsali...has been renamed Passionement, in honor of our section's title. Or, without all the duplicate letters:
You need only find words beginning with each letter above, (from our paltry 2 chapters - 40 & 41), with the following subjects:
3 words for every point.
Nannag has created another tricky Jeopardy game for you. The "answers" are below...send us the questions! 1 point for each question.
1. Person who resembles a poisoned white mouse when ill.
2. "Officious" person who looks like a half-roasted pig?
3. Person who is Roger’s aunt, six times removed.
4. Meeting a gentleman who could give Lizzie the current whereabouts of Jamie and Claire was the reward for this virtuous behavior.
5. A fair indication of male satisfaction (according to Roger).
6. Name of the county wherein lies Fraser’s Ridge (as well as a name recognized by knitters internationally.)
The last game is a cryptogram -- dinna hate me! I've made it easy -- well loved quotes spoken... 2 points for each quote.
Quote #1 - spoken about Brianna
Z AYSZM LXAS AJYI, UYSOOSU JW GSW'O EYSSPLSO. DZIBJW' URDW MLS OMYSSM, NIZJW ZO TRX NISZOS, DJML LSY PRZM RKSY LSY ZYG ZWU LSY EZPBOJUS JW KJSD RV SKSYTRWS!
Quote #2 - spoken by Roger (please excuse the language!)
YLN CKBDB QKB KBJJ BJUB UKIWJN Z GB, CZQK FIW QBYDZLV IXX ZLQI XWAOZLV LICKBDB YLN DZUOZLV FIWD GJIINF LBAO, YLN -- CKF QKB KBJJ NZN FIW NI ZQ?!
Quote #3 - recited by Roger
F, USKWU AWUWXFQJ, HS DQNW DJWW, IUFQVVQ WGGWV, DS IW XE GQOTZG OWHHWH OFTW. OFDJ XE KSSHL F DJWW WVHSO, OFDJ XE ISHE F DJWW OSULJFY...FV LFRNVWLL QVH FV JWQGDJ, FV UFRJVWLL QVH FV YSPWUDE, LS GSVK QL OW ISDJ LJQGG GFPW.