Outlandish Swap V: The Fiery Cross
Scottish clans were originally a Highland way of life. The Highland clan was, above all things, a family; a family in which everybody believed they were all, from chief to blacksmith, descended from one founder or progenitor. They regarded themselves as very close kinsmen. This Swap is dedicated to such clan families and will be organized into four clans.
Friday, August 13, 2010
Claire and Jamie finally go to a Gathering and Claire decided to hold a luncheon to introduce Brianna to social customs and events in her new time. Claire sent word to several of the ladies there and asked them to each bring something to eat or drink that begins with the first initial of one of the guests. The guests included: Brianna, Catriona, Jocelyn, Serease and Wynda. None of the ladies brought anything that began with the initial of their first name, nor did they travel by any means that shared either their own first initial or either of the things they brought.
As an ice breaker, Claire asks all of the ladies to guess what everyone brought, where they traveled from and how they traveled to the Gathering. To get everyone started, she told her guests that she and Brianna traveled from Frasers Ridge.
From the clues given, can you match up each of the ladies that came to the luncheon with what they brought and where they came from? Place an X in each of the boxes to indicate a wrong answer and an O to show that mark the correct answer. If you need a wee bit more help, check out this link. If you still need a bit more help, you can buy an O. They cost 1 point each, for a max of 5 O's. But be specific. That can be asked on the Games thread, and I will respond by PM.
Once you have the correct answers, send me each guest’s name with the correct information about them. As always, please send your answers to: Highlandergames (at) ymail (dot) com in the following format:
example: Claire – oat cakes, tea, Frasers Ridge, stones
Please put GATHERING in the subject line, and include your swap name, your clan and your rav name.
1. Neither the woman who brought corn and scotch nor the one who brought coffee traveled by boat. Either the woman who brought the ale or the one who brought the beer lives in Wilmington. All five women are mentioned here.
2. Wynda hoped her sister didn’t get seasick on her travels this year.
3. Brianna couldn’t wait to eat what Wynda brought. It reminded her of the food she and Lizzie shared when they first met.
4. The woman from Jamestown enjoyed the wine brought by Serease and the stew brought by the woman who traveled by horse.
5. Catriona observed that only one of the women came from a place that began with their first initial.
6. Jocelyn was happy to come to the luncheon. She didn’t know any other women at the Gathering. She had never heard of Frasers Ridge or New Bern before.
7. Claire noticed that the woman from Jamestown was limping and discovered that she had walked to the Gathering.
8. The woman from New Bern brought either coffee or scotch.
9. Ale and haggis were brought by either Jocelyn or Wynda.
The chieftesses would like to thank all of you for coming to this Gathering and taking part in our swap. We hope to see you all back at the next Gathering - with the Fiery Cross.
Mordag, Eilis, Fiona, Seonag.