Outlandish Swap V: The Fiery Cross
Scottish clans were originally a Highland way of life. The Highland clan was, above all things, a family; a family in which everybody believed they were all, from chief to blacksmith, descended from one founder or progenitor. They regarded themselves as very close kinsmen. This Swap is dedicated to such clan families and will be organized into four clans.
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Highland Games Round 3
1. At what feast did Claire go through the stones the first time?
2. While in Inverness Frank Randall catches up with the Rev. Wakefield who has a penchant for Jacobite history. Wakefield shows Frank a document that reveals what?
3. When does Claire realize Geilie is a traveler like she is?
4. What name did Jamie Fraser use while at Castle Leoch, before he and Claire married?
5. Name at least two possible reasons why Dougal wanted to see Jamie married?
6. Why did Claire panic when she went up to the church to marry Jamie Fraser?
7. Why do many members of Clan Mackenzie consider Jaime’s father, Brian, a silkie?
8. Name the primary reason why Jamie was afraid to go back to Lallybroch after he came back from the abby in France? [Note: This was before he met Claire]
9. How does Geilie Duncan kill her husband?
10. How would Claire describe her wardrobe when she walked through the stones the first time? How did the Mackenzies’ who rescued her from the English dragoons describe her clothes? (I’m looking for two answers)
Good Luck Clans! Contest ends at midnight Eastern time, Tuesday, Sept. 30. Results will be posted Friday, Oct. 3.