Outlandish Swap V: The Fiery Cross
Scottish clans were originally a Highland way of life. The Highland clan was, above all things, a family; a family in which everybody believed they were all, from chief to blacksmith, descended from one founder or progenitor. They regarded themselves as very close kinsmen. This Swap is dedicated to such clan families and will be organized into four clans.
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Your assignment: solve the quest and send me a picture or image.
Example: Find a photo of how Claire travels in time. The answer to this is the standing stones at Craig na Dun.
Acceptable responses would be:
So there is not question about whether or not you were successful on your quest, you should include the words to your answer – such as, standing stones outside of Inverness or standing stones at Craig na Dun. That way, if I am looking at the stones and think they are the ones at Stonehenge, I would know that you had the right answer.
1. Find a photo of the location of the last battle of the 1745 Rising.
2. Find an image of the English commanding general announcing defeat at the Battle of Gladsmuir.
3. Find a portrait of the man who shows Claire the broadsheet calling her “The Stuart Witch”
4. Find a photo of where Dougal MacKenzie died.
5. If the 1745 Rising succeeded, find a portrait of the man who would have been King
6. Find a portrait of the author of the book from which Claire recalls information about the Battle of Prestonpans.
7. Find a photo of the place where Jamie expects to find Claire after she is turned over to the English.
8. Find a photo of the bell tower in the town that Prince Charles Edward Stuart was blooded in his first battle.
9. Find an illustration of Jamie’s grandfather at the time of his death
10. Find a portrait of the Bourbon King who lived at the Palace where Colum MacKenzie dies.
Mordag (Abitknottie) submits this suggestion: If you have any general questions please post them in the games thread. Specific questions should be sent to via pm in Ravelry to Abitknottie (our Mordag) and Vivian5 (Joan Murray). As usual, submit your answers email@example.com.
This challenge ends at midnight on April 17. Please submit your answers to firstname.lastname@example.org and please use "Murray Challenge" in the subject line. As usual, please include your swap name and ravelry name to help identify everyone.